The Growing Place, LLC is the first Wellness, Birth and Family service center in the Lehigh Valley, specializing in comprehensive non-medical support for women and families. Our services include educational and yoga classes, massage therapy, birth doula services, lactation services, the coordination of postpartum and night nannies, and much more! We strive to provide meaningful services to growing families that address their physical and emotional needs.
We believe that:
- Every family deserves to be respected as individuals and as a unique family unit
- Women should have an abundance of support across their lifetime to support their personal philosophies and goals
- Everyone deserves a pregnancy and childbirth experience that is both peaceful and empowering
- Woman-to-woman support across the ages is abundantly beneficial
- Our personal philosophies have no place in our care and servitude to you. The only opinions about your care that matter are yours.
- It is an honor to serve you and your family
What to Expect When You Come In
The Growing Place is tucked away in the heart of Emmaus, providing a quiet retreat where you are our first and only concern while you are with us. You will never feel rushed, and we always have time to listen to your concerns, find appropriate resources for you or enjoy a quick cup of tea together.
Make yourself comfy in our waiting room while you catch up on the latest issue of Mother & Baby, Natural Awakenings or Fit Pregnancy. Pull a book from our extensive lending library - no time to finish it? Take it home until you're through.
Grab a cup of herbal tea or a quick snack in our stocked kitchenette, or grab a yoga mat and get some stretches in before or after your appointment.
Need a quiet moment alone? Mosey in to our wellness room and grab a few minutes to meditate.
Little ones accompanying you? Our office is child friendly, and we have a variety of activities to help keep them occupied. Plus, since our babes are getting older, we love to dote over yours!
The Growing Place was born out of the dream of collaborative support for growing families. A casual discussion among two local advocates for women's health resulted in a tail-spin project that became a labor of love for the next 15 months and finally gave birth to The Growing Place. By bringing together wellness service professionals to support families through a community approach, we hope to promote wellness in women an families through education, support and service.