What are the benefits of childbirth education classes?
According to The American Pregnancy Association
- Childbirth classes will build your confidence in your body’s ability to give birth.
- You can discuss your fears about labor and birth with the instructor and other couples with the same concerns.
- Your partner will learn about childbirth and how to support you on the big day. You may find that attending childbirth classes together will create a special bond.
- Your instructor will discuss pain relief options, including massage,relaxation, breathing, and medications.
- If you are planning a hospital birth, you might be interested in what to expect at the hospital. A class includes specific hospital practices.
- Classes taught outside the hospital may equip you within-depth information about coping skills, physiology of labor and birth, emotional aspects, and childbirth options.
Prepared Childbirth Instruction
Be prepared for the birth of your little one. This class covers anatomy and physiology of the birthing woman, healthy nutrition and exercise throughout pregnancy, what to expect during labor, common medical procedures, pain relief techniques both medical and natural, handling unexpected events in labor, postpartum family and baby care and Much more. As an out of hospital class The Growing Place is able to present evidence based information free from bias. We want you to be educated about all your options so you can play an active roll in your pregnancy, labor and birth experience.
Cost: $150 for the birthing mother and up to 2 support people. This class is taught in four 2 hour sessions. Price includes handouts, snacks and refreshments, use of multimedia lending library.
The Postpartum Family and Baby Care
This is one 4 hour class on a weekend or two 2 hour classes weekday evenings. This class is designed to prepare the family for the changing dynamics when new baby comes, educate about moms body postpartum, basics infant care and how to make a Postpartum plan for when new baby arrives, and more.
Cost: $75 includes handouts, snacks and refreshments, use of multimedia lending library.
This 2-3 hour class covers everything you will need to know to start a beautiful breastfeeding relationship.
Anatomy and Physiology of breastfeeding
Newborn characteristics and nursing patterns
Latch techniques and nursing positions
Understanding when baby is getting enough
Basics on pumping, breastmilk storage and introducing bottles
Cost is $75